A Socoro Sister

A blog about makeup, fashion and other randomness.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation Review

                                Image from NARScosmetics.com


I recently purchased the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation.  I have read and watched so many raves/reviews on it that I had to immediately try it.  I went into Sephora and tried it in the shade Cadiz (Mac NC45).  I have oily skin and was afraid that the 'glow' part of the foundation wouldn't work for me.  I always get very oily when I wear makeup.  I have combination skin that is on the oily side especially in the T-Zone area.  When I tried this foundation on it actually made my skin dry. I was surprised since it was supposed to be a 'glowing' foundation. I use a very matte moisturizer, I guess it is too drying when used with the foundation.  It is winter thus my skin is drier than usual.  I was actually excited because all other foundations make me oily after an hour.  After 6 hours my skin did get more oily or 'glowy?' but it was not to the extent where I was disgusted with my skin.

The coverage is light to medium.  I would say it is just in between light and medium coverage.  You can definitely build up the coverage with another layer and it won't feel cakey.  The main thing I love about it is that it feels like you are wearing no makeup. I do have the Mac liquid foundation and would say that the coverage is similar, even though the feel of both foundation on my face is totally different.

Price:
This thing is expensive! I never buy high-end makeup, I only have two or three other products that I received as gifts.  In Canada the foundation is $55.  The US dollar and the Canadian dollar is pretty much equal now so it made me mad that I didn't live in the States where the foundation is $42.  I recently signed up for Sephora beauty insider and as luck would have it, they were having a Christmas sale.  They sent me a email with a $15 gift card! It was meant to be, so I rushed over to the nearest Sephora and bought it!  My friend also got the gift card and she wasn't using it so I bought the MUFE full cover concealer.  These beauty blogs/Youtube gurus are going to kill my bank account I tell ya. Well I do have to take my grad pictures in a few weeks so it's all justified.

Packaging: 
I don't really care for the packing of any makeup products as long as its not too ugly. It doesn't include a pump. You would think that for a high end foundation they would include that.  They do sell a separate one for $7.00?

This foundation also had other benefits, it is actually is supposed to help your skin. 

It:
  • Brightens and clarifies overall skin tone
  • Minimizes visible discoloration
  • Improves skin luminosity and radiance
  • Hydrates for softer and smoother skin
  • Dermatologist tested. Non-comedogenic. Fragrance free
No wonder it was so expensive. I will continue to use it and update you if my opinion changes. Right now I just love it and I recommend everyone to TRY it.

If you have any questions feel free to ASK.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home