A Socoro Sister

A blog about makeup, fashion and other randomness.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Colossal Volum' Express® Mascara Review

Image from www.maybelline.com

The Claims:
Creates 9X the volume, instantly.

  • Patented MegaBrush + Collagen Formula plump lashes one by one
  • Dramatic Volume with no clumps
  • Washable 
Directions:
Sweep brush upwards from root to tip to plump individual lashes and achieve dramatic volume. Continue building lashes until you reach your desired look. Do not let dry between coats. Repeat for lower lash line. Removes easily with soap and water or Maybelline® New York Expert Eyes® Eye Makeup Remover Towelettes

I was expecting great volume as I have sparse lashes. This mascara did not deliver. It claims to instantly bring 9x the volume but for me its 2x volume. I have long lashes and did not want any lengthening effects.  This mascara did just that it increased the length of my lashes dramatically, making it almost touch my eyebrows.  If you are looking for a lengthening mascara and not a 'volumizing' one this mascara is GREAT!

I did like that it was easily washable like it claims.  Great Lash® Washable Mascara by Maybelline is much messier and harder to take off.  Colossal is so easy to take off.  There is no other mascara that washes off like this one.  It creates no clumps like it claims so that's another plus. It does dry quickly so you have to coat lashes quickly to get a dramatic look.

Bottom Line: I give this mascara a B-. I love it but it does not do what it claims to do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home